Its the end of month 3, week 1 of our 12 Months of Wellness. Tune in next week to find out how to keep motivated by tracking your success.
We’re wrapping up week 1, month 3 of our 12 Months of Wellness series. This month we’re focusing on improving our fitness, and our first goal was to simply move more in our daily lives, whether it be by taking the stairs more or parking farther from the grocery store.
On Wednesday we asked alive staffers how they squeezed fitness into their daily lives, and a we got some creative answers. Here are a few highlights:
- Bryce skips rope in his apartment’s common area and does chin-ups using his doorway chin-up bar.
- At work, Sandi tops up her water glass frequently, stands during meetings, walks over to a co-worker’s desk rather than using email, uses the stairs instead of the elevator, and goes for a daily walk outside.
- Pauline, a busy mother, takes the stairs whenever possible and tries to work in a daily 10 to 15 minute walk.
- Amanda does squats and lunges in the kitchen while preparing dinner.
- Juliana, a dedicated reader and health blogger, takes the long way to pick up her mail.
Did you manage to squeeze in some fitness this week?
Next week we’re upping the ante a bit, by tracking our movement to keep us motivated. Such examples include scheduling workouts on your calendar and marking them off once you’ve completed them or using a pedometer to track your steps.
Consider your barriers to keeping a consistent workout schedule. Do you have an effective tracking method to measure your success? If not, maybe this is what’s missing. Check in next week to find out how to keep yourself motivated by tracking your success.
Tune in to find out how we’re doing by checking our ongoing Twitter, Facebook, and blog posts. Drop us a line via blog or Facebook comments, or by using the Twitter hashtag #2013alive to let us know how you’re doing on your 2013 journey! And download March’s goal sheet to track your progress.